The chocolate-lover’s dream.
Top cakes, breads and fruits with this creamy spread. Or…just eat by the spoonful!
Here are the tools, ingredients, and steps you’ll need to use/follow to create your new best (food) friend!
Tools you’ll need:
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 2 mixing bowls
- Food processor
- Pizza pan (to toast hazelnuts and make hazelnut butter)
- 2 cups hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon of xylitol (or your preferred natural sweetener)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place hazelnuts on a pizza pan (or a regular baking sheet).
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool (on pizza pan) overnight.
- De-skin the hazelnuts one at a time and dispose of the skin. This process takes about 15-20 minutes; make yourself comfy and watch a TV show (I watched desperate housewives on Netflix! Gosh, I love that show.)
- Once hazelnuts have been de-skinned, place them in food processor and process for about 3 minutes, until you get a buttery consistency.
- Add xylitol and cocoa powder to the buttery consistency and process ingredients until they are all well incorporated – about 2 minutes.
- Once all ingredients have been incorporated, melt coconut oil and add one tablespoon at a time, processing each time your add a tablespoon.
- Once you get a creamy butter consistency, stop processing, scoop out all the Nutella and place it in a mason jar. Refrigerate.