I have a surprise for you guys!
You know how thanksgiving is in 7 days?! Well, I am going to post a Thanksgiving recipe each day till Thanksgiving! It is going to be a blast and you guys won’t want to miss a post.
This upcoming holiday doesn’t have to be one where you’re stuffed to the bone and you wish you wouldn’t’ve eaten such a heavy meal. This Thanksgiving is going to be different; you can eat healthy foods that will leave you feeling light and 100% satisfied. To help you out and give you some ideas, I’ll be featuring some Thanksgiving favorites! Be excited people! Here is recipe # 1 of 7…
Tools You’ll Need:
- Roasting pan
- Meat thermometer
- Measuring cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Paper towels
- 1 turkey (16 pounds)
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 10 apples (sliced in half and cored)
- 5 sprigs rosemary
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and arrange rack as low as possible in the oven.
- Remove the bird’s gizzards (eek!).
- Rinse turkey and dry using paper towels. Tie its legs together with a string.
- Place turkey (breast side up) in a roasting pan.
- Put rosemary and two apple halves inside turkey. Sprinkle turkey with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, adding sea salt to taste.
- Place remaining apple wedges around the roasting pan.
- Place roasting pan in the oven and roast for 4 hours (15 minutes per pound). *Note: if you see the turkey’s skin browning too soon, cover turkey with foil.
- To know when you’re turkey is done, check its temperature by sticking a meat thermometer into it’s thigh. At 175 degrees, the turkey is done.
- Once turkey is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool off for 20 to 30 minutes. Carve and serve!
* Serves 12
* Nutritional Information (per serving): 435 calories; 22.8g fat; 22.6g carbohydrates; 34.7g protein.