I have another awesome recipe for you guys! Sweet, full-of-spice, crunchy granola. This recipe contains no grains, no dairy and no gluten. It is 100% Paleo approved! It’s hands down the best granola I’ve ever had, and trust me when I say that I know my granola (before I was all Paleo, granola was my go-to snack).
So quick, gather your spices, nuts and all the yummy ingredients this recipe calls for, and get baking. The whole family will go crazy over this treat.
Enjoy this Maple-Date Paleo Granola with coconut milk, almond milk, non-dairy yogurt, or all by itself.
Tools You’ll Need:
- 2 baking sheets
- Parchment paper
- Metal spatula
- 2 mixing bowls
- Measuring cups
- Measuring Spoons
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2/3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 20 pitted and diced medjol dates
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cups organic coconut oil (melted)
- 2/3 cups pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients (pumpkin seeds, almonds, pecans, shredded coconut, nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, sea salt) in one of your mixing bowls.
- Combine wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract) in your other mixing bowl.
- Incorporate wet to dry ingredients. Once combined, add dates and mix well.
- Divide your mixture onto the two baking sheets evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Take baking sheets out of the oven, and using your metal spatula, move the granola around to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Place baking sheets again into the oven and bake for another 10-12 minutes (keep an eye on it, you dont want it to burn!)
- Take out of oven and let it cool completely (this is where it gets that crunchy feel!) before enjoying.
- Store your granola in a tightly closed container. Granola will last around 2 weeks.
* Makes 16 servings
* Nutritional Information (per serving): 357 calories; 20g fat; 45g carbohydrates; 3g protein.