Do Paleo people feel the need to have bread once in a while?
YES. Goodness, yes! At least I do for sure. I love bread. Love its texture, love all that you can make with it (sandwiches, french toast, etc.) and I especially love how fun it is to eat it (its ok, you can call me weird).
Bread makes me feel all sorts of happy. Can you tell I have a thing for it?
Because of this strong love I have for bread, I am dedicating the next two blog posts solely to it. These recipes wont be the savory kind, noooo…they will be the sweet kind! My bread recipes will actually be based on two of my favorite fruits: blueberries (blueberry bread!) and bananas (banana bread!)
Are you excited for these? You should be. I was…a bit too much, in fact! I am almost done eating my two batches of bread, which I just made two days ago. Yikes! They are fan-freakin-tastic! You’ll see. You may want to make two batches of each, that way you can share one and keep the other one all to yourself. Gots to be strategic, you know? 😉
Enjoy this Blueberry Bread recipe people; eat it for breakfast, for lunch and/or as a snack. My Banana Bread recipe will be posted soon…so stay tuned!
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons RAW honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 eggs (whisked; include yolk)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Coconut oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray bread pans with coconut oil spray and set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients together well: almond flour, cinnamon and baking soda.
- Mix wet ingredients together well: honey, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar, and eggs.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; make sure these are well incorporated.
- Fold in blueberries to the mixture.
- Divide batter and pour it into the two mini bread pans. Bake for about 35 minutes (or until it passes the toothpick test).
- Let bread cool. Once cooled, cover it with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Slice (each) bread into 6 parts. Share it with family and love the taste of amazing baked Paleo goods!
- 2 mini-bread pans (3 ¼“) --- if you don’t have mini pans (boo!), use 10” bread pan
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 2 mixing bowls
- Bread knife (to slice bread)