Today is day two of my smoothie craze. I woke up, had some tea and got my fruits ready to be “smoothied”. There’s nothing like having fresh, juicy and flavorful fruits first thing in the morning. It’s refreshing, soothing and sort of exciting. It’s exciting because not only do fruits taste incredible, but they also provide us with various minerals and vitamins that we need on a daily basis.
My body was craving tropical fruits today, which probably meant that I was in need of specific nutrients that only tropical fruits could provide. Luckily, I have a plethora of delicious fresh fruits to choose from at home; I shopped for fruits like crazy this weekend. The more prepared you are with your groceries, the easier cooking, baking and juicing becomes.
I craved pineapple, mangoes and coconut water, which turned out to be an amazing combination of tropical fruits for a smoothie. Seriously, one of the best tasting smoothies I’ve ever had. I am so excited to share this Tropical Smoothie recipe with you guys! You better be getting these fruits soon and treating yourself to one of the best drinks you’ll ever drink.
Tools You’ll Need:
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 ¼ cups fresh, ripe and very juicy pineapple
- 1 fresh and ripe mango (equivalent to 1 cup)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon natural sweetener (I used Stevia)
- 3 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Blend for about 1-2 minutes, until all ingredients have been blended well.
- Pour in favorite glass; add a fun straw and bottoms up!
* Makes one 20 oz smoothie
* Nutritional Information: 261.7 calories; 0g fat; 66.5g carbohydrates; 4.25g protein.