With the Super Bowl coming up in just a few days, I’ve decided to share some tasty finger foods with you this week.
Food is such an important part of Super Bowl Sunday that we all must have a plan of attack, knowing exactly what we’ll be serving that day. We know that our loved ones are totally looking forward to all the delicious food and beverages they’ll be eating that day, so if you’re hosting a Super Bowl party, menu planning’s gotta start NOW. Can’t get behind, people!
I’m really looking forward to the game this year; gathering around friends and partaking in the ultimate all-American experience with them sounds like the best plan. Watching the game, viewing awesome commercials, eating naughty foods (Paleo, of course, but naughty nonetheless) and drinking spirited beverages is all I wanna do this Sunday.
In Ecuador the BIG sport was soccer, so growing up, we overdosed with soccer every weekend and most days of the week. Crazy how now I only hear about soccer when my friends tell me their kids are playing it after school, or when my husband tells me he is going to play it with some of his coworkers after work. Even though soccer was my jam in Ecuador, I have learned to love football over the years. I appreciate the hard work, dedication and the heart football players put into the game for their team and fans, and how committed the coaches are to both guide and develop their athletes. I also REALLY love the sense of unity football brings, encouraging the nation to get together with loved ones and be entertained by the thrill of a sport.
So with food being such a staple on these types of get-togethers, today I am sharing my go-to finger food for whenever I know I’ll be feeding a hungry crowd. These Peppered Steak Skewers are super easy to make and will definitely please a big crowd. Serve them with your favorite condiments and dips…or even just by themselves. They will be devoured no matter what.
- 1 lb. sirloin steak, cut into 1” cubes
- ½ green bell pepper, cut into 1” pieces
- ½ yellow bell pepper, cut into 1” pieces
- ½ orange bell pepper, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and cut into 1” pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Pepper and More seasoning
- Combine garlic, olive oil and Pepper and More seasoning in a bowl; this is your rub. Coat skewers with rub, cover and refrigerate for 4+ hours (or overnight), so that steak has time to soak in all the seasoning flavors.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water ahead of time for about 10 minutes, as this will prevent them from burning on the grill.
- Stick steak, bell peppers and onion alternately on skewers.
- Heat grill on high. Once hot add skewers in and cook each side for about 5-7 minutes (so you only need to turn them once), or until steaks have reached desired doneness. Serve immediately.
- Wooden/metal skewer sticks
- Mixing bowl
- Cutting board and knife
- Measuring spoons