I love easy. Easy is good. Especially when it has to do with cooking. And for the love of easy, I have a treat for you today: an easy recipe!
This Paleo Diet Tuna Salad Recipe is bomb, and you can prepare it in 5 minutes or less. Isn’t that just the best? That’s exactly the kind of Paleo cooking I like to do…easy, convenient, and yummy.
My husband and I have been enjoying this recipe for lunch a lot lately, usually after our workouts. We’ll get home after the gym, I’ll put this salad together really fast, and then we devour. This tuna salad contains lots of healthy fats, is a great source of protein, is low in carbohydrates, and it’s got lots of great flavor! It truly is a wonderful Paleo lunch (or snack) option.
I like to buy my canned Albacore Tuna from Whole Foods. I get the one that comes in olive oil, because I feel like that’s the one that has the best taste. If you haven’t tried it yet, and you have a Whole Foods available in your city, just go and buy yourself a few Albacore Tuna cans in Olive Oil. I bet you’ll love it; you’ll like it a lot more than the ones that comes in water.
Today is April Fools Day, and I have not been tricked or fooled yet…but then again, it’s only 9:45am right now. I guess we’ll see how long my “luck” lasts.
Have a great day! XO
- 1 can albacore tuna in olive oil
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Add avocado to a small bowl and use a fork to mash it down. Mix in lemon juice, sea salt and pepper. Fold in tuna (drain olive oil before adding it in), celery and cilantro. Set aside.
- Prepare vinaigrette: add olive oil, vinegar, lemon, sea salt and pepper to a small mason jar; cover mason jar with lid, shake it well and set aside.
- Place spinach on a mixing bowl; add in vinaigrette and toss around for vinaigrette to distribute evenly on spinach leaves.
- Lay spinach leaves on a dinner plate, top with tuna mixture, add crushed red peppers to taste and enjoy!