Don’t you just love quality Summertime (or Springtime) BBQ?
I know I do! I am a sucker for all things grilled.
I mean, seriously, don’t these Paleo Chicken Skewers look heavenly? Even if I’m not hungry, I’d pick one of these babies up and devour it along with a nice dipping sauce (my personal favorite right now:plain ol’ mustard…go figure).
Grilled protein is so flavorful and so satisfying, and I think there is something very primal about that. We are meant to eat meat. Animal protein is what helps us feel full, what gives us energy, what helps us build muscle, what helps us recover after strenuous physical activity, and what satisfies our taste buds to the max. Gotta love it.
So today, I am sharing with you one of my favorite ways to consume grilled protein this Spring. I know you and your family will love this recipe. It is super easy to make and totally delicious. Enjoy!
- 6 organic chicken breasts
- 2 bell peppers (I used red and green), cut into 1” pieces
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into 1” pieces
- 3 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- Rinse, pat dry and slice your chicken breasts into 1” cubes, and drizzle 2 tablespoons of grape seed oil to coat. Set aside.
- Mix spices in a small mixing bowl, and use this spice mix to sprinkle chicken cubes. Make sure every cube is covered with spice mix.
- Place onions and bell peppers in a separate bowl and drizzle remaining tablespoons of grape seed oil to coat, and add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Stick chicken, bell peppers and onion alternately on skewers.
- Heat grill on high. Once hot add skewers in and cook each side for about 7 minutes (so you only need to turn them once). Serve immediately.
- 12 metal skewers
- Mixing bowls
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Measuring spoons