I’ve been obsessed with these Vanilla Protein Chia Puddings lately, and I’ve been making them on repeat. They are the perfect snack to have whenever I need a quick pick-me-up or something on the go. I’ll prepare enough mixture for a batch of eight chia puddings, put them in the fridge overnight, and then, just like that…I have delicious and healthy snacks to eat whenever or to bring with me wherever. Easy peasy!
The awesome thing about these particular chia puddings is that one of the ingredients is vanilla protein powder, so they have a great amount of protein in them! Each serving (one eight ounce mason jar) has twelve and a half grams of protein. And, if you eat two, you get twenty five grams of protein! SCORE. A snack that truly feeds you.
The protein powder I’ve been using for the last six plus months is Clutch Protein Powder, so this is the protein that my little chia puddings carry. I am a freaking FAN of this supplement. It is the cleanest protein powder I’ve been able to find thus far; it also tastes great, mixes wonderfully, and never ever ever hurts my stomach or makes me bloated. All these things are really important to me in a supplement, and believe it or not, they’re hard to come across. If you’re looking for a new protein powder, that is clean and gentle to your stomach, I highly recommend you give Clutch Protein Powder a shot!
Adding a few berries and bananas to your chia pudding, will add some great flavor and texture to your snack. My current favorite berries are blueberries and raspberries, so I’ve been adding those (plus banana slices), but you can add whatever fruits you have on hand or whatever fruits are your favorite.
I’ve found that these chia puddings are fresh for about three days, so make sure you eat them by no later than the third day. If you don’t think you can eat the eight puddings this recipe yields, then divide the recipe by half or by a quarter!
- 4 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 4 cups unsweetened carton coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons honey (optional)
- 4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (or any nut butter you like!)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 tablespoons chia seeds
- Banana slices and berries, to top
- Add coconut milk, vanilla protein powder, honey, peanut butter, and vanilla extract to a high-speed blender, and blond on high until smooth.
- Divide mixture into your eight mason jars evenly, and add in 2 tablespoons of chia seeds into each jar. Use a spoon to incorporate the chia seeds with the mixture. Seal jars and shake each one well, before placing them in the refrigerator.
- Refrigerate overnight. (Give mason jars a nice shake, 45 minutes after refrigeration, to make sure chia seeds don’t sink to the bottom and are able to mix thoroughly -- you can do this a few times to ensure proper blending. If chia seeds are being stubborn, open up jar and use a spoon to mix).
- In another mason jar, or small bowl, layer the chia seeds with your topping of choice. I had mine with bananas and blueberries. Enjoy!