I will be spending lots of time in my kitchen with you, so I couldn’t think of a better first post than to show you all my lovely kitchen.
It is not super big and it doesn’t have a whole lot of storage space, but it’s MY kitchen and that’s where the magic happens in this house. It is probably the one place in my house where I spend most of my time in, except for maybe my home office.
One of the main reasons why I love my kitchen is because it is centrally located between the TV room and my office. If I get tired of cooking, I’ll walk a few steps and turn on some old fashioned Desperate House Wives on Netflix (I’m so crazy a-dicted to the show, not gonna lie), or if I’m working long hours sitting on my bottom in my office…I’ll quickly sneak to the kitchen and munch on some Paleo goodies. I find myself doing that a lot…more than I should…every 2 hours or so! Oopsy.
So here is a picture of my kitchen seen from the TV room….
Here is my kitchen seen from my home office. Looks better this way, doesn’t it? And you have a direct view to the fridge…I think this is the reason why I’m so tempted to go in there every 2 hours!
My favorite items in my kitchen all play an important role in my “Paleo lifestyle”. They help me cook and bake…making my life a whole lot easier. Here is a fun list of must-haves for you:
- Food Processor
- Skillets (yer regular pots/pans)
- Baking Dish
- Muffin pan (not just for muffins, let me tell ya)
- Stand-up Mixer
- Waffle maker
- Mixing bowls (multiple)
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Spatulas, whisks, tongs
- Wooden Spoons
- Sharp knives and a sharp shear
- Ice cream maker (I have an extension that works with my mixer)
- Meat grinder (I have an extension that works with my mixer)
- K-cup Coffee maker (not necessary, but it’s so fast and easy…gotta love it)
- Spice rack
- Mortar and pestle Guacamole rock (not necessary, but so fun to have!)
- Pizza stone
- Cutting board
- Garlic press
- Citrus Juicer
- Wine opener (ahem, ahem…what?)
The above are NOT in order of importance. However, sometimes I truly feel my waffle maker is the most important one!
Some of my other favorite things in the kitchen, that aren’t tools, (and please remember to have these handy…you don’t want cravings or hunger to sneak up on you and not be prepared!) are:
- Grass fed proteins(chicken, turkey, steak, eggs, bacon, pork, any type of fish…)
- Vegetables (any!)
- Sweet potatoes
- Fruits (be sure to have only 1-2 servings per day, especially if you’re trying to lose weight)
- Nuts (almonds, walnuts, cashews…)
- Healthy oils (coconut, sesame, walnut, olive….)
- Coffee, tea, water
- Natural sweeteners (stevia, honey, maple syrup, etc.)
You’ll be able to make wonders with these ingredients when you combine the right ones in the right portions!
No worries, I’ll guide you all the way through your Paleo journey! We’ll be in it together.
If you’re new to Paleo, let me just tell you…the first week or two you will feel low energy, since your body will be trying to adjust to not getting carbs and processed sugars from the foods you eat. It’ll take a little time for your body to adjust and pick up energy from the fast you consume. Once that first (or second) week is over, you’ll reap all the Paleo benefits and will have lots of great energy!