Eggs just go well with mornings. Don’t you think? It is everyone’s preferred source of morning protein. Well almost everyone…there are some strange people out there that don’t like eggs…funny, right?! If you’re one of these people…don’t take it personal. Maybe you’ll start liking eggs once you try this recipe.
Eating eggs every morning or every other morning can be a little repetitive, so one is bound to find creative ways to cook those little babies up. At my house we eat eggs a lot…we eat them with veggies, with avocado, with turkey, with beef, with bacon, with steak, with sweet potatoes…you name it. We try to make egg-eating, fun. We love eggs and there is no way that we’re going to let ourselves get tired of them. Like, ever.
My husband’s favorite is eggs with bacon. I find myself making a lot of scrambled eggs with bacon…and I thought my hubby’s “favorite” needed a fun little twist, so I made him bacon wrapped eggs! Let’s just say, he was very was happy with the turnout.
- 12 bacon Strips
- 12 eggs
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take bacon strips and place them inside each muffin pan’s cup, making sure that you wrap the bacon around the cup’s inside walls.
- Crack an egg in each cup, so that the bacon ends up wrapping the egg.
- Cook in oven for 14 minutes (if you want a runny yolk bake for 8 minutes, if you want a semi-soft yolk bake for 12 minutes).
- Take out muffin pan from the oven and use your spoon to help you take out each bacon-wrapped egg.
- Add pepper and sea salt on top if needed.
- Muffin pan
- Kitchen mitten
You decide how many bacon-wrapped eggs you want to make at a time; if you want only four, then you’ll only need four strips of bacon and four eggs.
You may want to soak up the muffin pan immediately; this will make it easier to clean up…the eggs can get really sticky!