I think we all need to know how to make homemade Paleo Nutella. It is a chocolate lover’s necessity. And you can top cakes, breads and fruits with this creamy spread…or…just eat by the spoonful, really. It is decadent, rich, creamy and oh-so satisfying.
And the best part? It is very easy to make! Here are the tools, ingredients, and steps you’ll need to use and follow to create your new best (food) friend!
- 2 cups roasted hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon of xylitol (or sweetener of choice)
- Place roasted hazelnuts in food processor and process for about 3 minutes, until you get a buttery consistency.
- Add xylitol and cocoa powder to the buttery consistency and process ingredients until they are all well incorporated – about 2 minutes.
- Once all ingredients have been incorporated, melt coconut oil and add one tablespoon at a time, processing each time your add a tablespoon.
- Once you get a creamy butter consistency, stop processing, scoop out all the Nutella and place it in a mason jar. Refrigerate.
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 2 mixing bowls
- Food processor
- Pizza pan (to toast hazelnuts and make hazelnut butter)