There is this one salsa at our city’s Co-Op that is amazing! It comes in three varieties: mild, medium and hot. I like hot. My husband likes medium.
It’s made locally, which I love; got to support my local folks! When you read its label, you get a list of all its ingredients, ingredients you can actually pronounce…ingredients you can buy at the store and have in your own kitchen. I love products like that, because they make me feel safe by knowing I’m not consuming any preservatives or “special ingredients”.
But there are foods that are even better than the natural ones you can buy in stores. Do you want to know what they are? They are the foods and recipes you prepare at home! Not only do you have the healthy ingredients, but also you know exactly how the ingredients have been washed, sliced and stored. You know how clean your kitchen is while making your recipe, and the best part is you get to tell your friends and family you made it!
I was determined to make my own Paleo salsa at home. I needed something to accompany my salsa, so I decided to make Paleo Sweet Potato Chips for good measure.
- Follow the ingredient list of my 5-Minute Paleo Salsa recipe!
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- Sea salt, to taste
- Follow the steps of my 5-Minute Paleo Salsa recipe!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and arrange rack in the middle.
- Cover baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place sweet potato slices in a zip lock bag and add in oil; close bag and shake well, making sure all chips get covered in oil.
- Place sweet potato chips in a single layer on baking sheets, and sprinkle paprika and sea salt evenly to taste.
- Bake one sheet at a time until your sweet potato chip edges curl up and get golden brown. Takes around 10 minutes for each baking sheet.
- Let chips cool down until they get a bit crispy.
- Place your chips in a bowl and enjoy along with salsa!
- Food Processor
- Can opener
- Sharp Knife
- Cutting board
- Measuring spoons
- Citrus Juicer (not essential, but helpful!)
Tools You’ll Need for the Sweet Potato Chips:
- Mandolin slicer
- 3 Baking Sheets (you’ll use them two times around)
- Sharp Knife
- Cutting Board
- Parchment Paper
- Large Ziploc bag
- Measuring Spoons
Salsa recipe makes two 16oz mason jars worth of salsa.