Who doesn’t crave sweets once in a while? If someone says they don’t, well…I’d like to meet this person face to face and ask them what their secret is!
Cravings are totally normal. I crave sweets all the time, and just like me, I bet a lot of you do as well. It’s good to know we’re not alone on this one, huh!?
I find comfort in knowing that the Paleo diet is not limiting at all when it comes to treats. That with a bit of creativity and a few key ingredients, one can create wonderful desserts that will most definitely hit the spot when cravings come knocking on our door.
Ingredients such as organic fruits, RAW honey, organic maple syrup and organic coconut sugar, allow us to create wonderful sweet recipes. Thank goodness for those! I always keep my pantry stocked up with these little guys.
Let me share with you a fun and super easy recipe I made yesterday. This recipe was a total hit; I prepared it in no time, with readily available ingredients (no need to drive to a grocery store during this awful winter weather) and it tasted just fantastic.
Here is my ‘How-to: Prepare a 3-Ingredient Caramel Sauce’ recipe for you guys. Use it to top fruits and/or Paleo desserts!
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup RAW honey
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Add maple syrup and honey to the saucepan.
- Place pan under medium heat and, using your whisk, stir mixture constantly.
- Once maple syrup and honey begin to warm up (you’ll notice slight bubbles on the edges), reduce heat to medium-low. (Note: do not let mixture boil; if boiling happens, start over as the mixture will have a burnt taste.)
- After stirring the mixture for about 10 minutes, you’ll notice your sauce will have thickened a bit. Once thickened, remove sauce from heat and quickly add baking soda. (Note: adding baking soda will make the sauce expand and create a foam-like mixture. Make sure you’re constantly mixing the sauce, especially after you’ve added the baking soda.)
- Return pan to medium-low heat and leave it there for another 3 minutes. Continue to stir constantly.
- After 3 minutes have passed, remove from heat and let it cool. At this point, just stir occasionally.
- Sauce will acquire a thick caramel consistency.
- Serve warm on top of desserts and enjoy every bite! Store leftovers in small mason jar.
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Small Mason Jars (or tight containers)
Keep in tight container in a cool area. Lasts 1 week.