Autumn. What a wonderful way to follow summer.
Summer’s no doubt my favorite time of the year. What’s not to love? People out and about enjoying long walks, going to the park, eating ice cream, going swimming, eating out at restaurants with patio seating, wearing cute little shorts and dresses. Goodness, it doesn’t get any better than that. I ADORE summer time. But all good things must come to an end; otherwise, we wouldn’t really appreciate them and enjoy them as much, right?
It’s definitely a very positive thing that as soon as summer ends, an awesome new season starts! Fall. An almost enchanting time, where green leaves take beautiful orange and red colors, illuminating our sidewalks and painting pretty landscape pictures. It is so peaceful, so beautiful.
In order to welcome this wonderful new season, I’ve decided to create a hearty soup that will warm your hearts and bring you joy. I think you’ll like it!
Let me introduce you to my homemade Paleo Crockpot Turkey and Pumpkin Chili. Enjoy it. Savor it. It is oh-so good!
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 ½ cups chopped green onions
- 2 15-oz cans organic diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 ½ tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 cups filtered water
- Cubed avocado as topping
- Add ground turkey to a skillet and, using a wooden spoon, help break the ground turkey. Add in ¼ cup of filtered water and cover with a lid. Place skillet over medium heat and cook until meat is no longer pink, around 8-10 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Transfer cooked turkey to crockpot. Then, in the following order, add filtered water, garlic, red onion, green onion, diced tomatoes, pumpkin, maple syrup, and spices. Mix ingredients together and cover crockpot with lid.
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- Serve chili and top with diced avocados or with desired toppings.
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Can opener
- Wooden spoon
- Cooking pan with a lid