In these colder months, little sounds better than a warm soup or stew after a long day at work. I love the idea of coming home, getting comfortable and cozy, and enjoying a delicious hot meal with my husband. It warms you up from the inside out and keeps you nice and full for the rest of the night.
Today I’ll be sharing my Paleo Slow Cooked Turkey and Sweet Potato recipe. It is very easy to prepare and it yields quite a bit, so this means that it’ll require little work on your part and you’ll also have dinner that will last you a few nights! In my household this recipe usually lasts around five to seven days, and that my friends, is super nice…especially on those nights when we’re feeling a little lazy.
You and your family will enjoy this easy-to-make and very yummy Paleo Slow Cooked Turkey and Sweet Potato creation!
- 2 lbs. of ground turkey
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced (be sure to scrub and wash well beforehand)
- 1 cup baby carrots, chopped
- 2 15-oz cans of organic diced tomatoes
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup filtered water (plus ¼ cup for cooking the ground turkey)
- Prep all of your ingredients ahead of time.
- Place ground turkey in your cooking pan and, using your wooden spoon, help break the ground turkey. Add in ¼ cup of filtered water and cover the pan with lid. Place pan under medium heat and cook until meat is no longer pink (around 8-10 minutes). Be sure to stir the turkey around to prevent it from burning.
- Add cooked turkey to crockpot. Then add: remaining filtered water, garlic, red onion, green onion, diced tomatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, honey, and spices. Mix ingredients well and cover crockpot with lid.
- Plug in your crockpot and set it to cook on low for 7 hours.
- Serve stew and it top with diced avocados or with your favorite herb.
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Can opener
- Cooking pan with a lid