(Note: to make it 100% Paleo, simply omit the feta cheese)
The taste and goodness of this salad will sweep you off your feet. It is THAT good.
What better than to have a meal that is healthy, good for your body, super delicious and extremely satisfying? It is a challenging combination to achieve, but doable nonetheless. And today, I am here to show you how to get there!
This meal basically combines three of my recipes into one:
1. My Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette recipe
2. My Arabian Inspired Grilled Chicken recipe
3. My Baby Arugula Salad with Beets and Feta Cheese recipe (shared on this post)
You put these three items together and BOOM — amazing is formed! The flavors and textures go very well together, and not one ingredient overpowers the other. It is also a salad you can prep for ahead of time — meaning, you can have most of its ingredients ready to go (and kept fresh in the refrigerator) for whenever you want to put this salad together. This way, when you’re starving or in a hurry, you can just pull the prepped ingredients out, throw them together in a bowl, and have a wonderful dish ready to be devoured in no time at all! Doesn’t that sound great? It is!
This salad has become a staple in our home. My husband and I are highly enjoying it for lunch or dinner these days. He is not a “greens” person, but this recipe makes that struggle a breeze. If you know someone in your family who is not a big fan of eating greens, or if you are that way yourself, give this salad a go and see what happens.
- 5 oz. baby arugula (or 1 small plastic box of baby arugula; you can get this at Whole Foods.)
- 4 cooked beets, sliced
- 1 granny smith apple, diced (tip: squeeze fresh lime juice on top to give it some zing and to keep it nice and fresh!)
- 5 tablespoons feta cheese crumbles
- 5 tablespoons of my Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette
- Candied pecans
- My Arabian Inspired Grilled Chicken (optional, to top and accompany salad)
- Prep your ingredients ahead of time: cook beets, dice apple and squeeze lime on top, prepare vinaigrette, and grill chicken (if you choose to add it.)
- Place arugula in mixing bowl, pour Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette, cover with lid, and give it a good shake (for the vinaigrette to evenly coat the arugula.)
- Transfer arugula to salad bowl; add in beets, apple, feta cheese crumbles, candied pecans, and chicken (if you choose to add it.)
- Serve and enjoy!
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Mixing bowl with lid
- Salad bowl