(Note: to make it 100% Paleo, simply omit the feta cheese)
The taste and goodness of this salad will sweep you off your feet. It is THAT good.
What better than to have a meal that is healthy, good for your body, super delicious and extremely satisfying? It is a challenging combination to achieve, but doable nonetheless. And today, I am here to show you how to get there!
This meal basically combines three of my recipes into one:
1. My Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette recipe
2. My Arabian Inspired Grilled Chicken recipe
3. My Baby Arugula Salad with Beets and Feta Cheese recipe (shared on this post)
You put these three items together and BOOM — amazing is formed! The flavors and textures go very well together, and not one ingredient overpowers the other. It is also a salad you can prep for ahead of time — meaning, you can have most of its ingredients ready to go (and kept fresh in the refrigerator) for whenever you want to put this salad together. This way, when you’re starving or in a hurry, you can just pull the prepped ingredients out, throw them together in a bowl, and have a wonderful dish ready to be devoured in no time at all! Doesn’t that sound great? It is!
This salad has become a staple in our home. My husband and I are highly enjoying it for lunch or dinner these days. He is not a “greens” person, but this recipe makes that struggle a breeze. If you know someone in your family who is not a big fan of eating greens, or if you are that way yourself, give this salad a go and see what happens.
- Add vinaigrette ingredients to a bowl, and whisk well to emulsify. Set aside.
- Place arugula in a salad bowl, pour vinaigrette to taste and gently toss to coat. Add in beets, apple, feta cheese crumbles and candied pecans. Serve right away by itself or with sliced, grilled chicken.
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Mixing bowl with lid
- Salad bowl