Lately I’ve been posting a lot of Healthy Bowl recipes on my blog. Now, even though those are phenomenal and I know you all enjoy those very much, I think it is time that I take a little break from them and post a savory recipe for you!
This recipe I am about to share today is an amazing side dish that I have been eating lots of this last week. It is so flavorful, so satisfying, and so good for you! It has ingredients that will provide you with wonderful nutrients to keep you healthy, and enough colors to keep your meals looking exciting and fun!
I love to eat this side dish along with a protein; it goes extremely well with chicken, steak and any type of burger (I made some veggie burgers, and let me tell you, the combination of these two foods was amazing).
This Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Brussel Sprouts with Feta and Beets recipe is easy to make and it stays fresh for about 3 days, that way you can save whatever you don’t eat and take along with you to work or class the next day, or the day after that! Left overs are a life saver in my home; one never knows when hunger strikes, and having delicious and healthy foods readily available can make life a breeze (saves us from going hangry, if you know what I mean!)
- 3 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, halved and stemmed
- ½ purple onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup cooked beets
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Add sweet potatoes and ½ tbsp of olive oil to a bowl and toss to coat potatoes in oil.
- Transfer sweet potatoes to a roasting pan and bake for 40 minutes, tossing halfway.
- While potatoes bake, whisk remaining ½ tbsp olive oil, minced garlic, maple syrup, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, sea salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine brussles sprouts and onions and coat with oil mixture. Set aside.
- Once potatoes are done, add in brussles sprouts and onions, and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven; add in cooked beets, feta and freshly ground black pepper.
- Large roasting pan
- Stainless steel spatula
- Large Ziploc bag
- Small mixing bowl
- Large mixing bowl
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife