To honor National Cheesecake Day I am sharing an all Paleo cheesecake recipe today!
I think most of us secretly love cheesecake, but are afraid to have a piece. Whether it be for weight gain reasons, for dairy intolerance reasons, or for gluten intolerance reasons, we feel intimidated to enjoy a delicious, creamy, sweet piece all to ourselves. And that’s 100% understandable. The uncomfortable feeling after eating a large piece of cheesecake is terrible, and if I can, I will avoid it at all costs too. Nothing makes me feel more bloated, light headed and nauseous after consuming this popular dessert at a restaurant.
However, everything changes when you eat an all RAW Paleo piece of cheesecake! You will not get those eeky feelings; it is the best and only way to go.
So if you want to join in on the fun today, and do like all Americans are currently doing, then you better get going in the kitchen. Get all of your ingredients ready and all of your kitchen gadgets ready…this RAW Raspberry Chia Paleo Cheesecake will be a dessert to remember! You and your family will devour it. Guaranteed!
Happy National Cheesecake Day! XO
- 2 cups medjool dates, pitted and soaked for 10 minutes
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 2 cups raw walnuts
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1 lime, juice of
- 10 oz. raspberries
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- Place walnuts, almonds and sea salt in food processor and process until flour-like texture is reached. Transfer flour to mixing bowl and set aside.
- Drain dates and place them in the food processor; process until broken down. Add in cashew/almond flour in and process until ingredients reach a thick paste like texture.
- Scoop mixture out of the food processor and use your hands to spread it at the bottom of the cheesecake pan; make sure it’s pressed down nice and tight.
- Soak cashews in water overnight.
- Drain cashews using a strainer and add them to your high-speed blender. Add in maple syrup, coconut oil, limejuice, coconut milk, and blend until a smooth consistency is reached.
- Pour cheesecake filling on top of your crust.
- Cover cheesecake pan with aluminum foil and freeze overnight.
- After cheesecake has been in the freezer overnight, add Raspberry Chia Sauce (see below for instructions) on top and freeze for another 30 minutes.
- minutes prior to serving, remove cheesecake from freezer, slice it up and serve!
- Mix ingredients together in a mixing bowl using a spatula.
- Food processor
- High speed blender
- 9” cheesecake pan
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Citrus squeezer
If you don’t eat your entire cheesecake right away, store the rest in your refrigerator or freezer.