I want to share one of my current favorite breakfast/snack recipes with you; meet my Fluffy Protein Powder Waffles!
This particular waffle recipe is packed with great protein (as one of it’s main ingredients is one of my current favorite protein powders), it can easily be enjoyed any time of day, and it can be made into savory or sweet dishes. Talk about awesome, right?
I typically chose to have one of these waffles right after a workout, because not only am I starving and hungry for something satisfying, but I’ve found that my body absorbs protein more efficiently after I’ve gotten my pump on at the gym. Muscles will absorb any protein you consume a lot faster after weight training, and it will be used for recovery and growth.
I find myself enjoying these Fluffy Protein Powder Waffles with fresh fruit often, but sometimes I convert two of these into “bread slices” to make yummy sandwiches. (I’ll share a recipe for that soon!)
Give these a try, I know they won’t disappoint.
Be sure to use a good quality protein powder to make them, as this will make a HUGE difference as far as texture, moisture and taste goes.
- 8 tablespoons (or ½ cup) Alter Whey Isolate protein powder
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 eggs, separate yolks from whites
- Coconut oil spray, to spray waffle maker
- In a large mixing bowl, combine protein powder, coconut flour, baking soda and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk yolks, coconut milk, coconut oil and honey. Pour into bowl with dry ingredients and mix until no lumps remain.
- Whip egg whites until they get foamy and fold into mixture.
- Cook per waffle maker instructions. Batter should yield 4 waffles, so divide accordingly.
- Serve right away with favorite toppings, or refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- Waffle maker
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons