Let’s talk about these Deconstructed Cheesecake Bites for a second.
I am in love with them. They are so darn cute. They’re the perfect size for those days when all we want is ONE little bite. Not the whole piece. Not even a half of a piece. Just one perfectly satisfying, little bite.
What I love about these is that you can “dress” them up as you like, since all they are is just the creamy cheesecake part; no crust and no topping (a good foundation is all you need — and that’s true in life too!)
Whenever you’re feeling like a cheesecake bite, you just take one or two of these out of the freezer, and put whatever you want on top of them, “constructing” them and shaping them to that perfect cheesecake treat you’re oh-so desiring. You can use whatever toppings you are craving at the moment, or whatever toppings you have available in your pantry. It’s genius. Some of my favorite cheesecake flavors are chocolate, raspberry, strawberry and caramel…so what I’d do is create a sauce that matches these flavors, add it on top of the cheesecake bites and then top that off with a few crushed nuts. And, voila! Easy fix.
Also, how perfectly fitting are those little Spring-like liners my cheesecake bites are made in? They totally brighten up my day (and they were dirt cheap too, found 100 of ’em for like $3 at my local grocery store), as I am needing some Spring in my life. Spring cannot come soon enough. Good news is, just a few more days and bye-bye winter! #YASSS
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water overnight and rinsed
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Line muffin pan with muffin liners. Set aside.
- Place raw cashews (soaked overnight and rinsed) in food processor and process until creamy. Add in coconut oil, honey coconut milk and lemon, and process until smooth. Grab a spoon to fill each muffin liner with the cheesecake mixture, and freeze overnight.
- When ready to eat, take cheesecake bites out and let them rest for about 10 minutes. Top each cheesecake with Mixed Berry Jam and nut crumbles (I used walnuts), and eat away!
- Muffin pan (for bite sized muffins)
- Muffin liners (bite size)
- Food processor
- Measuring cups