This Gluten Free Breakfast Bar Recipe is amazingly delicious!
It is not 100% Paleo as it calls for gluten free oats, so if you are very strict Paleo, you’re going to have to skip this recipe (enter sad face here). However, if you’re not 100% strict Paleo and you allow some gluten free oats in your life, then this recipe is definitely for you!
I made these Breakfast Bars, as I wanted to have a quick breakfast option for those days when time is limited and we find ourselves rushing out the door. The recipe makes twenty-five bars; these bars are smaller in size than a regular granola bar, but they are dense, so you really don’t need to cut them into larger pieces.
To cut these bars into my recommended size, all you need to do is the following:
- Remove baking dish from oven once its done baking, and let cool completely.
- Grab a sharp knife and make four cuts horizontally.
- Using that same sharp knife, make four cuts vertically.
- Voila! You’ll have twenty-five perfectly sized Gluten Free Breakfast Bars!
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup ghee, melted
- 2 cups almond butter
- 1 ½ cups maple sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 ½ cups gluten free old fashioned oats
- 1 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup pitted and diced dates
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Line baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon and oats. Set aside.
- Place eggs, ghee, almond butter, maple sugar and vanilla extract in high-speed blender and blend on high until incorporated. Pour mixture into mixing bowl with dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in apricots, raisins and shredded coconut.
- Pour mixture into pan; make sure you spread it evenly. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let pan cool completely and slice!
- 13 x 9” baking dish
- Parchment paper
- High speed blender
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons