My mom loves granola, so naturally, I love granola. I like a lot of things my mom likes. I want to be like her when I grow up ;).
When I was little I remember loving all her perfumes, all the foods she ate, all the accessories she wore, and all the places she went. I’m glad I had such a great influence growing up. I love my momma. She is perfect in my eyes.
Being 100% Paleo, I miss my granola-yogurt-fruit combo I used to have at least once a day. Especially this amazing cookie-tasting granola from Riobamba-Ecuador I ate. Mom and I used to scarf it down like mad men (speaking of mad men, have you seen the show? My hubby and I are hooked). We used to buy literally 15 bags of this granola at the store, just to have a decent back up at home. We specifically went to that store JUST for the granola. Nothing else. You can already tell how in love we were with it. The label read organic, but the bag didn’t have an ingredient list or anything…just the calorie count and nutritional value, which I don’t even want to talk about. All I can say about that is that we probably should’ve stayed away from it!
The Ecuadorian granola seemed to have coconut flakes, raisins, and delicious honey infused baked oats. I brought 25 bags of granola back with me to Boise and I’ve already ran out (LONG time ago! They lasted a month). Good thing. I couldn’t have them anymore anyway…not Paleo approved.
The other day I was craving a “healthy bowl” (what I’ve named my yogurt-granola-fruit combo) and I needed to do something about it. I was determined to find a “Paleo way”. This is what I came up with…
- 1 Can of (full fat) coconut milk
- Whole almonds
- Macadamia nuts
- Coconut flakes
- 1 Banana
- ¼ cup of mixed berries
- Any fruit of your choice!
- Empty your can of coconut milk in the standing mixer's bowl. Mix on medium speed for 5 minutes (fat & water must mix completely).
- Place coconut milk in a bowl and put on the fridge for 5 hours or more. It will acquire a yogurt consistency.
- Once 5 or more hours have passed, grab a bowl for yourself and place fruits, raisins, and nuts in it.
- Top them with your homemade coconut yogurt and RAW honey. There, you’ve now got yourself a Paleo “Healthy Bowl”!
- Standing Mixer