The start of this past Friday was a very interesting one. It started with one of the most stressful mornings I’ve had in awhile. I then had to deal with a “running around like crazy” sort of afternoon. The stress was eased by a much appreciated visit from my friends. However, their presence at the house didn’t protect me from the catastrophes that awaited me! While we visited in the kitchen there were a plethora of accidents! I knocked eggs off the counter, which fell to the ground and splashed onto my clothes, my cell phone got soaked in water, then it got dipped into oats and was absorbing the mess into every opening …all of this was happening in the midst of the annoying buzz of the oven alarm; I was baking/cooking 2 recipes at the same time, CHAOS! However, the chaos was topped by a rather miraculous and peaceful late afternoon.
Remember my stressful morning I was telling you about? Well, in the late afternoon, that stress went away by the blink of an eye. It was seriously a little miracle. All God. I was talking about Him to my friends, during one of our conversations, and I think that He wanted to show Himself to them. He wanted to show them that when people love Him and believe in Him, He will take care of them. I love that! I loved experiencing a first hand miracle. Especially when my friends could tell that the solution to my stress happened because I welcome Him into my life. He is very present in my life and in our household; He loves us. No matter how challenging things may get, it will all be all right at the end. He makes sure of that. I love God! Life would be empty without Him.
So yeah, my crazy day (which made me want to cry…twice) was 100% turned around. Everything I was stressing about got fixed. And the crazy part was that I didn’t even have to do any work for the solution to come. How cool is that?! I just had to share that with you guys. There is nothing in life that He is not overseeing and that He cannot help fix.
During the kitchen chaos, I had some Lime Coconut Cookies baking, which turned out rather satisfying. My big batch of twenty cookies got reduced to five or six…hubby inhaled them once he got home from work!
- 2 eggs
- Zest of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup of full fat coconut canned milk
- ⅔ cups of raw honey
- 1 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons of coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix dry ingredients (Truvia, coconut flour and shredded coconut).
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk eggs and add remaining wet ingredients (eggs, lime zest, coconut oil and coconut milk).
- Combine and mix both wet and dry ingredients well.
- Spoon tablespoons of your cookie mixture onto parchment paper, placing them an inch or two apart.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown at the bottom. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing them from the backing sheet.
- 2 Baking sheets
- Parchment paper
- 2 Mixing Bowls
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
- Fine Grater