This is going to be an out-of-this-world experience for your taste buds. I hope they are ready for this.
How many of you like Nutella?
If you have never heard of it…I am sorry, but you haven’t lived yet. If you don’t like it, then we just can’t be friends. But if you adore it like I do, then you better take notes and get excited for what is to come.
Nutella was part of my childhood…I would eat Nutella sandwiches, Nutella with strawberries and bananas, Nutella by the spoonful (habit I picked up from my mother), and sometimes even Nutella-Oreo-Sandwiches, where I would split open Oreos, spread peanut butter on one side, Nutella on the other side, close them up, and eat them in one bite. Crazy delicious. If I did that now, my insulin levels would spike up and skyrocket, staying there till the age of 80. So as you can see, the Nutella-Oreo-Sandwiches are not an option for me anymore.
Nutella with fruit and bread on the other hand, is a different story…a healthier story. I needed to find myself a Paleo way into it (since the Nutella you buy at the store is not a Paleo spread).
I made this soft, nutty, deliciousness of banana bread and topped it with my very own homemade Paleo Nutella.
I will warn you, this is very high caloric and high in healthy fats, so you will want to only have one slice with Paleo Nutella at a time…on those afternoons where you need and deserve a treat.
Read, learn and replicate folks!
Tools you’ll need:
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Food processor
- Bread pan
- Bread knife
- 2 cups of whole walnuts
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 cup Paleo almond flour (get recipe here)
- 2 large bananas (brown preferably)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (melted)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Coconut oil spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease bread pan with coconut oil spray and set aside.
- Grab a mixing bowl and combine dry ingredients (almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt).
- Place walnuts in food processor and start processing.
- Add in walnut oil as nuts are being processed.
- Once oil and nuts are mixed in, stop processing and add in bananas. Start processing again until well combined.
- Add in eggs, melted raw honey and vanilla extract to your banana/nut mixture and process until well incorporated.
- Using a spatula, mix both wet and dry mixtures together.
- Pour mixture into your bread pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While bread is in the oven, you can start working on your Paleo Nutella (you could also have it done ahead of time, if you prefer). Click here for the Paleo Nutella recipe.
- Once bread is done, let it cool for 20 minutes and refrigerate your loaf.
- Once loaf has been refrigerated for a few hours (helps to keep it together better when you slice), grab your bread knife and cut into 8 slices.
- Grab a butter knife and spread Paleo Nutella generously over your banana bread slice. Top it with unsweetened shredded coconut to add some flare.
* Banana bread slightly modified from PaleOMG.com
Trackback from your site.