Those of you who follow me on Facebook know I am following a 3-month training program.
This trainer is not your usual moderate program; this one is hard-core. I am lifting like a man, doing cardio twice a day, eating super clean foods and taking a few supplements every day (multi-vitamin, fish oil, l-carnitine, yohimbe, green tea, egg-white protein powder, and BCAAs).
It is a big challenge, requiring a ton of dedication and a strong-will, and I am committed to it 100%. I did it last year with my husband and we had amazing results. This time, I know my results will be even better! Want to know why? Well, I have gained a lot of muscle mass this last year, I’ve become way stronger, and I’ve developed great eating habits (knowing my body pretty well in how it reacts to different food types and mastering food-timing). I am confident that by the end of the three months I will look and feel great. Wait and see! 😉
Since I have to eat so clean and can only have certain types of food, such as:
- Proteins: Chicken/Turkey breast, fish, eye-of -round steak, bison, egg whites and protein powder
- Vegetables: Any
- Slow digestive carbs: sweet potatoes
I’ve been forced to get creative with my recipes.
Here is a nice example of a regular vegetable that I’ve taken from average-tasting to great-tasting. Let me introduce you to my lovely Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe. I am addicted to these babies!
- 1 lb. Brussels Sprouts (wash and dry)
- ¾- 1 purple onion
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Sea salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Using your sharp knife and cutting board, cut off ends of Brussels Sprouts and dice onion.
- Place Brussels Sprouts, onions, olive oil, sea salt and pepper in Ziploc bag. Close bag and shake to make sure Brussels Sprouts and onions are well coated with oil and spices.
- Place Brussels Sprouts on baking sheet (single layer) and roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and using your spatula, move sprouts around to keep them from burning. Place back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and using your spatula, move sprouts around to keep them from burning. Place back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and squeeze lemon on top.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- 9 X 13 Pyrex dish
- Measuring spoons
- Ziploc bag