Remember my last post? 3-Ingredient Caramel Sauce? Well, let me just tell you, I have found its perfect match! There is nothing more delicious in this world than what I am about to share with you today. Please give a warm welcome to my special “Brownies with Caramel and Toasted Coconut Flakes”! These little guys will make your mouth water; once you try them, you will keep asking for another bite…and another…and another. You get my message, these are ridiculously addictive! Ask my mother-in-law. She was delighted by this treat and ate it as slowly as she possibly could. How cute is that!?
So, if you have a birthday party, a get together or a family dinner, you should totally give these Brownies with Caramel & Toasted Coconut Flakes a try. They will keep you guests happy (guarantee!) and you’ll look like a pro.
Tools You’ll Need:
- 8×8″ baking pan
- Mixing bowls (2)
- Measuring spoons
- Small Skillet
- Wooden Spoon
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs (include yolk)
- ½ cup organic maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- ½ cup roasted macadamia nuts (no salt added)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup organic dried cherries (optional)
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl and using your spatula, mix dry ingredients together: almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl and using your whisk, whisk eggs. Add maple syrup and coconut oil to your already whisked eggs; make sure these ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add wet ingredients to your dry ingredients and, using your spatula, mix well.
- Fold in macadamia nuts, chocolate chips and dried cherries (if you decided to sue these) to the mixture.
- Pour mixture into your pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- While your brownies are baking, prepare the 3-Ingredient Caramel Sauce and toast your coconut flakes (to toast flakes: place small skillet under medium heat and add coconut flakes; using a wooden spoon, move the flakes around to prevent them from burning; coconut flakes are done toasting as soon as their edges start to brown).
- After 25-30 minutes have passed, remove brownies from oven and let cool.
- Place brownies in refrigerator for 1 hour (having the brownies cool makes it way easier to slice).
- Top brownies with 3-Ingredient Caramel Sauce and toasted coconut flakes.
- Using a knife, divide the brownie into 9 slices (making two cuts horizontally and two cuts vertically).
- Serve and LOVE life!
* Makes 9 servings
* Nutritional Information (per serving): 412 calories; 33g fat; 21g carbohydrates; 10g protein