Good day Paleo people! Today is a great day to treat our bodies right, recover from the long work week and gather some energy for the coming week. The way I am doing that is by getting in extra hours of sleep, winding down, taking my time to do stuff and giving my body nutritious foods.
Yesterday I promised to share a great lunch smoothie recipe with you all, and that’s exactly what I am gonna do! This smoothie has lots of greens and lots of flavorful fruits; it makes for a perfect combination. In fact, I think I may just make myself another Green Monster Smoothie today.
I have a bit of trouble drinking some green smoothies somtimes, as they sort of taste like grass to me (eek). This one, however, is completely the opposite. I had to slow down a bit, so that I can make it last longer! It was so yummy.
If you and your family are in need of a quick pick-me-up or an easy way to get some good nutrients in, follow this recipe. I think you all will be very pleased.
Tools You’ll Need:
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 fresh and ripe pear
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cucumber (peeled and cored)
- 2 cups kale
- ½ teaspoon of chia seeds
- Place all ingredients in blender (except chia seeds).
- Blend for about 1-2 minutes, until all ingredients have been blended well.
- Pour in favorite glass and top with chia seeds; add a fun straw and bottoms up!
* Makes one 20 oz. smoothie
* Nutritional Information: 324 calories; 3.75g fat; 66.5g carbohydrates; 7.5g protein.