Bread makes life better. It just does! Typically, the Paleo diet doesn’t allow bread, as regular bread carries a lot of grains and some dairy (which are two big no-no’s on this diet). However, we can get a little tricky and make our own bread…making it 100% Paleo approved! I love that in the Paleo Diet we can find substitutes to some of our favorite foods and don’t need to compromise.
This deliciously satisfying Paleo Banana Bread with Blueberries will definitely stop your bread cravings. It’s soft, sweet and very nutritious!
The berries added to this bread are wonderful for you; blueberries have a ton of antioxidants that will help you fight against free radicals that may cause cancer; they also are a rich source of fiber and vitamin C, which will keep your digestive system healthy and keep your immune system strong. I am a sucker for berries; they are nature’s gift to us!
Hope you like this little bread as much as I did, you guys! It goes super well with a hot beverage, so enjoy it with your favorite cup of tea (by the fire) on those snow-filled days!
- 2 cups of almonds
- 1 ½ tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 cup Paleo almond flour (get recipe here)
- 2 bananas (brown preferably)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Coconut oil (to grease pan)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease bread pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- Grab a mixing bowl and combine dry ingredients (almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt).
- Place almonds in food processor and start processing.
- Add in avocado oil as nuts are being processed.
- Once oil and nuts are mixed in, stop processing and add in bananas. Start processing again until well combined.
- Add in eggs, honey and vanilla extract to your banana/nut mixture and process until well incorporated.
- Using a spatula, mix both wet and dry mixtures together.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour mixture into your bread pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Once bread is done, let it cool for 20 minutes and refrigerate your loaf.
- Once loaf has been refrigerated for a few hours (helps to keep it together better when you slice), grab your bread knife and cut into 8 slices. Enjoy!
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Food processor
- Bread pan (10")
- Bread knife