It’s June already! Can you believe it? How CRAZY is that?
Seems like we went directly from winter to summer, skipping Spring altogether!
Time is passing by way too fast. I don’t know about you, but I’m definitely planning on slowing down to be able to take it all in, and really savor the sunshine and warm weather. I have to. I spend way too much time complaining about winter, to not fully take advantage of summer! (My husband would definitely widely-eyed nod at that statement.)
To take full advantage of the sun, and to give my body as much vitamin D as I possibly can, I have compiled a list of “must do’s” with fun summer actives. I am sharing it with you, in case you are in need of ideas for yourself and your family. I hope this list inspires you to get out, be adventurous, and try something new!
My Summer Must-Do’s:
- Hike every other week (trying a different route every time!)
- Run a 5k (or 10k) outside on the weekends.
- Go camping at a new place with friends.
- Go sailing.
- Take a golf lesson.
- Visit a town nearby.
- Visit the farmer’s market to get fresh produce.
- Take long walks after dinner on workdays.
- Try new coffee shops/restaurants, sitting on their outdoor patios.
- Go swimming (at a pool, lake or ocean.)
- Find a friend who wants to tan and tan with them (while listening to summer hits and drinking a few fun cocktails — why not?)
- Go watch outdoor tennis matches or practices.
- Have a romantic picnic by a lake.
- Go on bike rides with my honey.
- Help a gardener with her garden.
- Find a serene spot at the park, spread a blanket and read a book.
- Invite people for fun BBQs on the patio.
- …more items might be added to this list in the near future… 😉
See? Lots to choose from — lots to do! I would love to hear what your own fun summer “must do’s” look like, so please be sure to share with me on the comments below!
Also, here is a delicious Berry Galore Healthy Bowl recipe that will help you quench your thirst after long hours of playing under the sun. ENJOY!
- 1 frozen organic banana (the spottier they are before freezing, the sweeter)
- 2 cups organic frozen mixed berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey (buy local if possible)
- Fresh blueberries, slivered almonds, and Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate mega chunks (these are your toppings)
- Plug in food processor; add in frozen banana, mixed berries, vanilla extract and honey, and process until smooth.
- Using your spatula, scoop mixture from the processor into your favorite personal bowl. Add toppings and enjoy!
- Food Processor