This is going to be an out-of-this-world experience for your taste buds, so I hope they are ready for this fabulous Paleo Banana Bread Topped With Paleo Nutella recipe!
How many of you like Nutella?
If you have never heard of it…I am sorry, but you haven’t lived yet. If you don’t like it, then we just can’t be friends. But if you adore it like I do, then you better take notes and get excited for what is to come.
Nutella was part of my childhood…I would eat Nutella sandwiches, Nutella with strawberries and bananas, Nutella by the spoonful (habit I picked up from my beautiful mama), and sometimes even Nutella-Oreo-Sandwiches, where I would split open Oreos, spread peanut butter on one side, Nutella on the other side, close them up, and eat them in one bite. Crazy delicious. If I did that now, my insulin levels would spike up and skyrocket, staying there till the age of 80. So as you can see, the Nutella-Oreo-Sandwiches are not an option for me anymore.
Nutella with fruit and bread on the other hand, is a different story…a healthier story. I needed to find myself a Paleo way into it (since the Nutella you buy at the store is not a Paleo spread).
I made this soft, nutty, deliciousness of banana bread and topped it with my very own homemade Paleo Nutella.
I will warn you, this is very high caloric and high in healthy fats, so you will want to only have one slice with Paleo Nutella at a time…on those afternoons where you need and deserve a treat.
Read, learn and replicate folks!
- 2 cups walnuts
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 large brown bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Coconut oil spray
- Paleo Nutella
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a 1 lb bread pan with coconut oil spray and set aside.
- Combine almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Process walnuts in a food processor until broken down, and slowly add in walnut oil as nuts are processing. Add in bananas, eggs, honey and vanilla, and process until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to bowl with dry ingredients and incorporate. Pour batter in bread pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Make the Paleo Nutella.
- Allow bread to cool completely and refrigerate it before slicing, this will help with the bread's consistency. Slice, top with Paleo Nutella and enjoy.
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Food processor
- Bread pan
- Bread knife
Banana bread slightly modified from PaleOMG.com