How about a little Paleo Hummus? Doesn’t that just sound lovely? Grab a few sweet potato chips and you’re set; one of the best appetizers ever!
Appetizers. What is it about them that attract us so much? Is it the fact that we get to share them with people? Is it that they are fun to eat, which is why sometimes they are referred as “finger food”? Is it that it is an “easier” dish to put together? Or is it simply because people relate them to parties, get-togethers or dining out? Whatever the reason may be people of all ages love these finger-licking-good dishes.
I know I do! And lots! There is just something super appealing to me about preparing a delectable appetizer before dinner; a time where my husband and I sit down and enjoy some quality time together, sharing details about our day and satiating our cravings with delicious and healthy food.
Today’s healthy appetizer is Paleo hummus! Made with zucchini, not garbanzo beans (since they are not Paleo approved), which makes it lower caloric and easier to digest. Oh, they joy of finding ways to make trendy (high caloric) dishes, healthy and Paleo friendly!
This, my friends, is a winner and a must try. Have fun inviting people over and sharing your homemade appetizer.
- 4 cups zucchini, peeled and chopped
- ¾ cup sesame tahini
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice of 4 lemons
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika (for garnishing)
- Plug in your food processor, place all ingredients in (except paprika) and process until all ingredients have combined, and its consistency is smooth...like a paste.
- Pour the mix into a bowl; garnish with paprika and a dribble of olive oil.
- Serve immediately with baby carrots, celery, Paleo Sweet Potato Chips or vegetable potato chips.
- Food processor
- Citrus juicer
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons