Remember my last post? 3-Ingredient Caramel Sauce? Well, let me just tell you, I have found its perfect match! There is nothing more delicious in this world than what I am about to share with you today. Please give a warm welcome to my special Brownies with Caramel and Toasted Coconut Flakes recipe!
These little guys will make your mouth water; once you try them, you will keep asking for another bite…and another…and another. You get my message, these are ridiculously addictive! Ask my mother-in-law. She was delighted by this treat and ate it as slowly as she possibly could. How cute is that!?
So, if you have a birthday party, a get together or a family dinner, you should totally give these Brownies with Caramel and Toasted Coconut Flakes recipe a try. They will keep you guests happy (guarantee!) and you’ll look like a pro.
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup organic maple syrup
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup unsalted and roasted macadamia nuts
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup organic dried cherries
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes, for garnishing
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup honey
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 8”x8” baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Prepare the brownies: mix almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and sea salt in a large bowl, and set aside. In a separate bow, whisk eggs, maple syrup and coconut oil. Pour over bowl with dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in macadamia nuts, chocolate chips and dried cherries, and transfer to lined baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let them cool and refrigerate for ease of slicing.
- Prepare the 3-Ingredient caramel sauce: Add maple syrup and honey to a saucepan, place it over medium heat and stir constantly. Once mixture begins to warm up, reduce heat to medium-low. Do not let mixture boil, if boiling happens, start over as caramel will have a burnt taste. After stirring for about 10 minutes, the sauce will have thickened a bit. Remove from heat, quickly mix in baking soda and return pan to low heat for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Toast coconut flakes: place a small skillet over medium heat and add coconut flakes; use a wooden spoon to move the flakes around and prevent them from burning, the flakes are done toasting when their edges start to brown.
- Top brownies with 3-Ingredient caramel sauce and toasted coconut flakes, slice and serve.
- 8x8" baking pan
- Mixing bowls (2)
- Measuring spoons
- Small Skillet
- Wooden Spoon