As I promised on yesterday’s post, I am picking up my “posting pace” and posting Paleo recipes more often. Today I am sharing an Amazing Paleo snack recipe with you guys. My husband and I love this one! It is super duper easy, as it contains only two ingredients and it only takes about 5 minutes to make. It’s a total, total winner. I think you’ll like love it…and your spouse/kids/family friends will too! It is a very healthy treat that completely satisfies cravings. Give it a try, and you’ll see.
This weekend was a great weekend for my family and I. Our city is still nice and warm (100 degrees, yikes!) and has those glorious long summer days (which I adore…I prefer being up and active vs. being inside and looking out from the window to a gloomy day). It feels like we barely sat down on Saturday and Sunday; Preston and I went out on a run, on 3-mile walks, ate out for breakfast/lunch/dinner (which may come to a surprise to you, but I crave those dates a lot…I spend a lot of my time cooking/baking for my family, so taking a break from it and being treated is great), went to see Wolverine at the theater, stopped by the annual Basque festival celebration that our city hosts, stayed up late and watched movies on Netflix, had a date at my in-laws with my in-laws + my brother-in-law and his gorgeous/sweet girlfriend, and we even roller bladed after dinner on Sunday. Lots of great stuff…I seriously adore weekends.
I know it’s only Monday, but I am already anxiously waiting for Friday night!
What did you guys do this weekend? I’d love to know a bit more about my readers’ lives, so please share your weekend activities with us on your comments below! It’ll make me real happy! 😉
- 8 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Place dates in your food processor and run it for about 2-3 minutes (until dates have broken down and have created a paste-like texture).
- Add in 3 tablespoon of shredded coconut to the food processor. Process for about 1 more minute.
- Place the rest of the unsweetened shredded coconut in your small bowl; set aside.
- Using your hands, grab about a ⅙ of the date-coconut mixture and create a small ball.
- Dip the small ball in the plate that contains the shredded coconut. Make sure the small ball gets covered completely by coconut.
- Repeat steps 4-5 until all date-coconut mixture has been utilized. Voila. Easy and delicious. Share with friends!
- Food processor
- Small bowl
- Serving dish