This Paleo Nut and Berry Crunch will change your way of looking at brunch. It is a phenomenally sweet, crunchy and satisfying side dish to serve your friends and family on a fun Sunday brunch. But who are we kidding…you can really have this berry crunch anytime! And if you’re anything like me, you’ll have it as a late night snack…you know…just at that time of day when the crazy cravings come. Don’t you just hate those? Ugh.
Good news is, you can crash those cravings with a heart-healthy berry crunch bowl! Indulge in this raw, full-of-goodness treat…it is so good for you! Berries provide wonderful antioxidants that help you fight against free radicals and give you lots of vitamins your body needs so much.
I made this recipe for a baby shower I hosted and also to take to a Super Bowl party! Ha! It turned out to be super “versatile” as everyone, in both parties, loved this dish. 😉 Give it a try; I am sure you’ll love it!
- 2 ½ cups of diced strawberries, cored
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 ½ cups raspberries
- 2 limes, juice of
- ½ cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Place strawberries in a bowl and add lemon juice; refrigerate overnight.
- Add blueberries, raspberries and 2 tablespoons of maple syrup to the bowl containing the strawberries. Gently mix these ingredients and refrigerate while you prepare the rest.
- Add slivered almonds, walnuts, pecans, sea salt, cinnamon and 3 tablespoons of maple syrup to a food processor. Pulse a few times, enough to get these ingredients to combine. Make sure nuts don’t break down too much, as you want them to keep their crunch. 😉
- In a nice 2 quart serving dish, you’ll be placing your berry mix and nut mix by layers. Start your first layer by adding ¾ of your berry mix; add your entire nut mix as your second layer; and your remaining ¼ berry mix as your third layer. Add a cherry on top (totally optional, but makes it look cute) and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Serve immediately. LOVE life!
- Food processor
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 2 qtrs. serving dish
- Citrus juicer
- Fruit knife
* Disclaimer: the photos in this post contain gluten free rolled oats instead of slivered almonds, which would make the recipe non-Paleo. My recipe calls for unbleached slivered almonds, instead of gluten free oats, making it 100% Paleo approved! But if you want to use gluten free oats, be my guest…it’s delicious this way too!