A blog post two days in a row? Now, that hasn’t happened in a long time, has it?
Well, let me tell you, you’re gonna be glad I blogged today, as these little treats are here to brighten your day!
Remember the cashew butter DIY post I shared yesterday? Many of you reached out to me asking how I eat it and/or on what. I personally love eating it by the spoonful, but I also love spreading it on things like Paleo breads or banana slices. However, a very fun way to use your Cashew Butter is as an ingredient for various Paleo recipes. I felt like I needed to show you a concrete example on how to use this nut butter on a recipe, so I decided to make a delicious “no bake” treat for you. I call these: “Paleo Power Balls – a no bake treat”!
These Power Balls are packed with fresh ingredients, carrying lots of complementary flavors that your taste buds will be very fond of. They are fun to eat and super fast to make; a total no-brainer when it comes to entertaining or sharing some food-love with the ones you care about.
They also give you a ton of energy (after you eat one or two), which is why these make for the perfect snack to have before going on a hike or for whenever you need a quick pick-me-up.
Try them; you and the fam will LOVE these little guys!
- 1-cup cashew butter (DIY recipe here!)
- ¼ cup blanched almond flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate chips (or carob chips)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to food processor and process for about 1 minute, or until all ingredients are well combined.
- Grab the equivalent of about ½ golf ball worth of mixture and roll it in the palm of your hands until it becomes a perfect Circle. Set it on a plate.
- Repeat step 2 until mixture is gone. Should make about 12 Power Balls.
- Serve them immediately or refrigerate to enjoy later. Should last about a week if refrigerated!
- Food processor
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoon