I have a fun Paleo recipe for you guys today; my Mini Paleo Banana Bread Loaves with Chocolate Chips and Honey! This lil’ one will make your house smell great, satisfy your cravings and make your heart happy.
There is something about baking that brings comfort and peace our way; something that makes it so therapeutic and soothing. I can’t put my finger on exactly what it is…it might be that it allows us to create something from scratch with our very own hands, that it allows us to treat people around us with fun little baked goods they’ll love, that it encourages us to use our kitchen and the tools in it to feed our families, that it allows us to distract our minds from our daily to-dos and focus instead on the task on hand…whatever it is, just thank you, baking. We love you! 🙂
These three Mini Paleo Banana Bread Loaves with Chocolate Chips and Honey are fun to prepare, quick to put together, and very easy to eat (oh boy, are they easy to eat)! Since the recipe yields three mini loaves, you can keep one to enjoy at home and then just gift the other two to friends or neighbors. And we all know that sharing is caring, so get your bake on and share some love, friends!
- 2 cups of whole walnuts
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 cup Paleo almond flour (get recipe here)
- 2 large bananas (spotty and brown)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon raw honey, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Coconut oil spray
- SunSpire chocolate chips (to top)
- Local honey (to top)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease bread pans with coconut oil spray and set aside.
- Grab a mixing bowl and combine dry ingredients (almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt).
- Place walnuts in food processor and start processing.
- Add in walnut oil as nuts are being processed.
- Once oil and nuts are mixed in, stop processing and add in bananas. Start processing again until well combined.
- Add in eggs, melted raw honey and vanilla extract to your banana/nut mixture and process until well incorporated.
- Using a spatula, mix both wet and dry mixtures together.
- Evenly distribute mixture between your three mini bread pans; bake for 30-40 minutes (or until you’ve performed the knife test and knife comes out clean).
- Once breads are done baking, remove from the oven, and allow them to cool completely before removing them from their pans.
- Once removed from pans, refrigerate for about 1 hour (this will allow for easier slicing).
- Before slicing each loaf, sprinkle chocolate chips and generously pour honey on top. Enjoy!
− Measuring cups
− Measuring spoons
− Mixing bowl
− Food processor
− Bread pan
− Bread knife