Crepes are a great way to enjoy the moment and indulge. Especially on a day like national love day: Valentine’s Day!
You can make these yummy Chocolate Banana Paleo Crepes with your loved ones as a fun activity, you can share them with friends to show your appreciation and love for them, or you can share one (or two) with your honey on a romantic candlelit setting.
Oh the possibilities!
Preston and I both crave something sweet once in a while, and we love the idea of having a few of our favorite sweet ingredients all bundled up together. A crepe is the perfect way to do this, so whenever we are feeling like a little indulging, we take our crepe maker out and we get on mixing our ingredients. The fun thing about crepes is that you can fill them up with as much or as little ingredients you want, and with whatever ingredients you want. They are fully customizable. And I love that aspect of them.
The chocolate, bananas, coconut and berries in this recipe go extremely well together, making it a decadent and delicious treat. A little scoop of non-dairy vanilla ice cream or some homemade whipped cream would go excellent on top too!
- 5 Paleo Crepes
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons raw cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3-4 tablespoons unsweetened carton coconut milk
- 2 large banana, (for topping)
- ½ cup berries, optional (for topping)
- 2 tablespoons Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate mini chips, optional (for topping)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut, optional (for topping)
- Use my Paleo Crepes recipe to make your crepes. Recipe yields 5 crepes.
- Place filling ingredients (except coconut milk) in a small mixing bowl, and mix them together with a spatula until creamy. Add in coconut milk slowly; add more or less of the specified amount, according to how runny or thick you want your chocolate sauce to be.
- Spread as much filling as you’d like (I used about 3 tablespoons) on the entire surface of one flat crepe.
- Fold the crepe in half once, and add about 1 tablespoon of filling, a few banana slices and some shredded coconut.
- Fold the crepe in half once more and top it off with a few berries, a few chocolate mini chips and a bit more shredded coconut.
- Follow steps 3-5 until all 5 crepes are made.
- Small mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons