I just ordered an all Egg White Protein Powder from bodybuilding.com. I’ve ordered a bunch of stuff from their site before (including various types of protein), just never an all Egg White protein powder. It felt like Christmas, yet again, when I received their lovely Bodybuilding.com white box in the mail.
I really haven’t heard any recommendations or reviews on this protein, but I have tried the MRM brand and I love it; their products are very natural and clean. A great supplement line, indeed. I figured their egg white protein must be as great as their other stuff…and the best part about this one is, that since it’s not dairy based (like regular whey proteins), its Paleo approved! Yay!
Finally a supplement I can trust and one that goes along with my Paleo lifestyle.
What a great find! I decided to give this protein a very special use with the very first time of trying it; I wanted to bake some yummy Paleo protein bars! These are awesome “to-go” mid-morning/afternoon snacks; they also serve as dessert or breakfast. They are low-carb treats that are great for those who workout on a regular basis, giving you essential healthy fats and being a good protein source. If you don’t workout, you can have them as well…do not fear the protein powder!
- ½ cup of Paleo almond flour
- 2 scoops of egg white vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon of arrowroot powder (coconut powder)
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ⅓ cup of raw honey
- 4oz of organic apple baby food
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 15oz of raw organic pumpkin
- ½ cup of unsweetened almond milk
- Coconut oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray coconut oil spray on Pyrex dish; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all dry ingredients together (almond flour, vanilla protein powder, arrowroot powder, cinnamon, salt, ginger, cloves, baking powder, baking soda and Truvia) using a whisker.
- Mix all wet ingredients together (egg whites, pumpkin, vanilla extract, almond milk and apple baby food) on medium speed in a standing mixer.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet mix and turn on medium speed again until incorporated.
- Place mixture into Pyrex dish and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Mixing bowls
- 9x13 inch Pyrex
- Standing mixer
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
Makes 24 small squares…or you can eat it as a cake with some sort of nut butter spread.