Today, we are going to make homemade almond BUTTER! Are you excited?! I am!
It’s such a delicious type of nut butter. I adore it. I spread it on my Paleo waffles/pancakes/bread, fruits and even vegetables (ants on a stick…celery, almond butter, and organic raisins…heaven).
I also use it for multiple recipes, to achieve creamier and richer results.
I tend to go through almond butter pretty quickly and it can get expensive if you’re buying a jar at the store for around $8-$10. What’s my solution to this problem? Homemade almond butter!
Check my recipe out!
- 4 cups of roasted unsalted almonds (I bought mine at Whole Foods)
- ½-1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Go to Whole Foods (or any other store that sells bulk) and buy bulk roasted/unsalted almonds.
- Bring them home and place all almonds in a Ziploc bag or any other tight container - almonds will stay fresher longer.
- Take out your food processor and plug it in.
- Place 4 cups of almonds in food processor.
- Cover and push “on” to start processing. Process for about 1 minute.
- Scrape down the sides, close lid and process for another 2 minutes.
- Open lid and add sea salt (your almonds should have a buttery and creamy consistency at this point); continue to process for 1-1.5 minutes.
- Scoop almond butter out and store in a container with a lid (I used a mason jar).
- 1 large Mason Jar
- Food Processor
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
Keep refrigerated. Lasts 1-2 weeks.