All my past butter recipes have been nut butters. I think its time we switch it up a notch, wouldn’t you agree? As you have been able to tell by two of my most recent recipes, Paleo Chocolate Cake and Paleo Coconut Bread, I am sort of addicted to coconut. Yes, I admit it…its true. I’m in love with the fruit. Not that it’s very common here in Idaho or anything, but I find my ways of finding all sorts of organic coconut goodies.
Yesterday I was playing around in my kitchen and found some coconut flakes in my pantry. They are so good looking (not to mention good tasting) that they caught my eye immediately and I ended up wanting to make something out of them. Of course I opted for butter! I have never actually made fresh coconut butter before, so it was the perfect day to try. And oh-boy, I am glad I did.
Check out this easy Paleo Coconut Butter recipe I put together for you! All you need is coconut flakes. Period. That simple.
If you make this butter, let me know what recipes you use it for in the comments below! I’d love to know what you all do with your butters .
Tools You’ll Need:
- Food Processor
- Coconut Flakes
- Plug in your food processor
- Add Coconut Flakes (Quantity depends on however much you want to make. I added about 2 cups. Keep in mind, 1 cup makes around 1/3 cup of coconut butter).
- Process for about 10-15 minutes. Food processor will gradually become less noise, to the point where you feel nothing is happening anymore and you should turn it off. Don’t stop it. Let the processor keep on working its magic.
- If flakes get stuck on the side of the food processor, stop for a second, open your lid and scrape down the flakes with a spatula. Keep on processing until 10-15minutes have gone by.
- Remove from processor and pour coconut butter in a mason jar.
- Done! Yes, it’s THAT easy!