Rosemary. What a lovely little piece of heaven. It’s one of my favorite herbs. Did you know that in Latin “Rosemary” means the “dew of the sea”? Apparently rosemary, in various locations, needs no water other than the humidity carried by the sea breeze to survive. How pretty is that? I knew rosemary was romantic. It had to be. Its smell is hypnotizing and its taste is utterly attractive. Every time I buy this herb I know the meal I’ll use it for won’t be disappointing.
I should start growing my own, but honestly, I am a horrible plant keeper (my mother-in-law does, so maybe I should get some from her garden). I kill every plant I get. No joke. The plant I’ve managed to keep alive the longest only lasted 2 weeks. Whatevs. It’s not my strength. Not a big deal.
I had some rosemary left over from my Paleo Rosemary Bread I made the other day, and I wanted to prepare something delightful…something that would excite our taste buds. It had to be healthy and plenty good for us. Sweet Potatoes are always my default; they are hands down my preferred super food. Rosemary Sweet Potatoes it was. Roasted ones. Yum!
Trust me, you won’t want to skip on making these Roasted Rosemary Sweet Potatoes!
- 3 medium size sweet potatoes
- 3 fresh rosemary branches
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and cube (1 ½ inch pieces) your sweet potatoes. Place in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Chop rosemary and garlic. Set aside.
- Grab your large zip lock bag and place sweet potatoes in, adding the olive oil, rosemary, garlic, sea salt and pepper.
- Close your bag and shake it a bit, making sure all ingredients mix well.
- Place ingredients in your baking dish and place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Once 25 minutes have gone by, remove from oven and using a spatula gently toss potatoes. Place in the oven and bake for another 25 minutes.
- Now grab a plate, get yourself a serving, sit down and enjoy!
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Mixing bowl
- Large Ziploc Bag
- Baking dish 9x13in