I have to share with you my new treat-secret! A treat so yummy and so healthy that you could have it everyday if you wanted to! Did I mention that it’s made in THREE minutes?
I don’t know about you, but there have been plenty of times when I get hungry and I devour anything that is readily available, it doesn’t matter what it is. This happens to me frequently, specially when I skip a meal and don’t stick to my “eat-every-2-to-3-hours” rule. When I go hungry, there is no force on earth that can stop my appetite. In times like these, it is awesome to have a satisfying snack that will keep me on track, calm my cravings and prevent me from eating things I really shouldn’t (like candy, ice-cream, etc.) For me, it’s ideal to be able to prepare a snack with ingredients I already have at home and to be able to put it together quickly. Well, guess what? I have found the perfect solution…the perfect healthy snack.
You will love this recipe! My 3-minute protein mug cake is nice and moist, and you can top it with any healthy Paleo topping of your choice; possibilities are endless. I used Sunbutter (get a coupon for it here!), but you could use any nut butter, any seed butter, coconut butter or even fruit compote. Try this 3 Minute Mug Protein Cake and let me know what you topped it with!
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein, or preferred protein powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup organic pumpkin puree
- ⅛ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg white
- Sunflower seed butter, to top
- Mix protein powder, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl, and set aside.
- Whisk pumpkin, almond milk and eggs in a bowl, and pour over dry ingredients. Combine until no lumps remain. Transfer batter to a 16-oz coffee cup, and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Transfer cake to a small plate, cut it in half and smear each half with a big dollop of sunflower seed butter.
- 1 16-20oz. coffee cup
- 2 mixing bowls
- Whisker and Spatula
- Small plate