It has been a little over a month since I last wrote a post. That is crazy to me…especially since I used to write a new recipe post almost every single day. I’m sorry I’ve been away for so long, I’ve missed all of you guys!
My husband and I took a long vacation to visit my family in Ecuador (which was so nice and very much needed) and then on our way back, we stopped in Las Vegas for a week. We needed to leave Boise for a little bit, catch up with family and just relax.
While in Ecuador, my parents drove us to the Ecuadorian coast, where we stayed for a week. It was incredible. We ate like kings, slept in till late, took long walks on the beach, dove into the ocean, tanned, and the best part…I got to share great moments with the people I love the most.
Las Vegas was awesome as well. We lounged, signed up for the gym and spa, shopped till we dropped (literally…my husband has a Nike band and it counted 17,000 steps one day) and ate out ALL the time (I did try to keep it Paleo though…promise!)
We are back in Boise now and let me tell you, it feels great! I love coming back to our city and getting back into our routine. The weather here is changing, it’s getting colder little by little. And you know what this means, right? The holidays are coming soon! You have no idea how exciting this is for me. I love the holiday spirit and the superb sensatory experience one is able to enjoy. It also means I get to bake lots and lots of holiday goodies. How FUN!
To honor this new season, I’ve decided to share with you guys a ‘spicy’ treat. Say hello to my Pumpkin-Spice Bread!
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup canned full fat coconut milk
- 1 ½ cups organic pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup organic dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts (for topping)
- ⅛ cup pumpkin seeds (for topping)
- Coconut oil spray (to grease bread pan)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray bread pan with coconut oil spray and set aside.
- In one of your mixing bowls, combine dry ingredients: coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
- In one of your mixing bowls, combine wet ingredients: eggs, coconut milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredients into your dry mix and combine thoroughly. Once no lumps are left, fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour bread mixture into bread pan and top off with chopped walnuts and pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let cool off for 30 minutes, slice and enjoy!
- Bread pan
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons