Paleo Breakfast. Yum! In my opinion, there is nothing better than breakfast foods. I love the weekends because my honey and I get to go on breakfast/brunch dates and order all sorts of yummy goodies (usually Paleo approved…but sometimes I do splurge a little and get myself a menu item that is not so Paleo…shh).
It’s such a wonderful time; we’ll order coffee and get some good hours of conversation in.
Currently, we are hooked on breakfast potatoes. They are filled with delicious spices and roasted to perfection. We’ll always get those along with any order. Sadly, the breakfast potatoes we get are not sweet potatoes…making them a non-Paleo item. Being picky and loving to figure recipes out the “Paleo way”, I decided to nail a breakfast sweet potato recipe (I added other menu items to the recipe as well, because breakfast potatoes are even better when accompanied by other foods). Check it out and tell me what you think!
- 3 medium size sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Mediterranean spice
- 1 tbsp Montreal Steak spice
- 4 eggs
- 4 strips uncured bacon
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Roast the potatoes: preheat oven to 400 F; coat potatoes with olive oil and spices, add them to a baking dish and bake for 50 minutes, tossing half way.
- Cook the bacon: place a skillet over medium heat, and add bacon once hot; cook for about 4 minutes each side. Transfer bacon to a plate, keeping leftover bacon grease in the skillet.
- Prepare the eggs: in a bowl, whisk eggs vigorously for a minimum of 30 seconds, and cook in skillet with bacon grease on low heat; move eggs around with a spatula to make sure they don't stick and that they come out nice and fluffy. Remove from heat, season and serve right away with a side of potatoes and bacon.
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Mixing bowl
- Large Zip Lock Bag
- Baking dish 9x13in
- Wooden spoon
- Microwavable bacon dish
- Paper towels