Yum! I love Coconut-Lemon Paleo Pancakes! I’ve shared plenty of waffle recipes with you guys, but never a pancake one. One of my readers requested for me to post a good pancake recipe, so this one is for her!
Hope all of you find this recipe delish…my husband and I devoured .
Have a great morning and make this a fabulous day!
Tools You’ll Need:
- Large skillet
- 2 Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoon full fat canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon RAW honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 1 large organic/cage-free egg
- Coconut oil spray
- In one of your mixing bowls, combine dry ingredients (almond flour, baking soda, sea salt) together.
- In one of your mixing bowls, combine wet ingredients (coconut milk, honey, vanilla extract, egg) together
- Incorporate wet ingredients with dry ingredients.
- Fold in lemon zest.
- Place skillet under medium heat and spray coconut oil.
- Once skillet is hot, grab about two tablespoons of your mixture and pour into your pan, forming 1 small pancake (anywhere between 2x2in – 3x3in.) [These pancakes are “delicate” so I prefer to cook them one at a time]
- Let cook for 4-5 minutes (cook time varies, so use your best judgment and prevent them from burning).
- Once one side is nice and golden, carefully turn pancakes around with your spatula and let cook for another 4 minutes or so.
- Repeat steps 5-8 until you’ve used your entire pancake mix.
- Serve warm and top with lots of organic maple syrup!
* Makes small 4 pancakes
* Nutritional Information (per pancake): 239 calories; 19g fat; 7g carbohydrates; 9g protein.