This is a Paleo sweet potato chips recipe for everyone! Some of you don’t live in the US and don’t have access to a bunch of fun ingredients I usually use for my recipes. An example of such ingredients: sweet potato chips.
I have received requests to please post a recipe for Sweet Potato Chips, because if you can’t buy them, then might as well make them yourself! And to be honest, making them may actually end up being cheaper too . You just have to make sure they don’t burn, so you’ll have to watch them closely while they are baking in the oven. Another great tip is to use avocado oil; I find that this type of oil makes the chips crunchier and crispier…which are two desired characteristics when it comes to potato chips (especially if you want to use them for dipping!).
Hope this recipe helps you guys! Have fun eating them with your favorite dip!
Tools You’ll Need for this Paleo Sweet Potato Chips Recipe:
- 2 baking sheets
- Parchment paper
- Large Ziploc bag
- Mandolin Slicer
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Wash and pat dry sweet potatoes.
- Thinly slice sweet potatoes using your mandolin slicer; make sure slices are even, because this will help them bake evenly as well. * Warning: Be careful not to cut yourself (like I did! Ouch!)
- Place thinly sliced sweet potatoes in Ziploc bag, add avocado oil, close Ziploc and shake to make sure oil evenly covers all slices.
- Arrange slices on baking sheets so that they don’t overlap. Sprinkle them with coarse sea salt.
- Bake chips for about 12-15 minutes or until they begin to brown.
- Cool on a rack and enjoy with Paleo Guacamole or Paleo Salsa!
* Makes 2 servings (serves two people eating these as an appetizer)
* Nutritional Information (per serving): 227 calories; 14g fat; 24g carbohydrate; 2g protein.