I love Christmas time. I think a big reason is because people are happier and kinder than ever during this time, and to me that is a wonderful thing. But it doesn’t stop there…it’s also a time where warm and fuzzy Christmas songs are being played on the radio non-stop, where beautiful Christmas lights shine bright all around the city, where people go all out decorating the inside and outside of their homes, and where having treats at any given time of the day is totally acceptable ;).
Since it’s a time to love and share, why not show some love while sharing treats! Today I have a super tasty recipe for you guys. Let me introduce to you my Holiday Truffles! This recipe only calls for 6 ingredients and it is very easy to prepare (no baking required)!
Oh and before I forget…
I was thinking about this on my way back from SLC yesterday (we had a super quick road trip with my hubby this weekend to go visit their IKEA store):
Since cookies are sort of a Christmas signature treat, why not share lots of cookie recipes with my Amazing Paleo peeps? I might do a cookie special, sort of like my ‘7 Days of Paleo Thanksgiving’ special…only this time solely for cookies! What do you say? Sound like a plan?
Tools You’ll Need:
- Food processor
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 1 cup of pecans
- 1 ½ cup of medjol dates (pitted)
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Plug in your food processor and place all ingredients in it.
- Grab a small handful of dough and roll it into a ball (each truffle of mine was about 1″ x 1”)
- Repeat step 2 until your entire dough is gone.
- Eat up or, if you want to save them for later, place truffles on a plate and refrigerate.
* Makes 20 truffles
* Nutritional Information (per truffle): 106 calories; 6g fat; 15g carbohydrates; 2g protein.