Hi lovely Paleo people! It’s been a while and I have missed you. I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine’s Day! I am sorry I didn’t post this recipe a bit sooner (as it would’ve been a perfect way to finish a romantic date), but hey, better late than never right? You can still prepare this for someone special (just because you love them), for a birthday party, a dinner party or any special occasion.
So let me tell you about our Valentine’s Day…
We (hubby and me) enjoyed our evening with my in-laws, my brother-in-law and his beautiful girlfriend. My mother-in-law is a fantastic decorator and party planner, so she went overboard with fun V-day decoration and set up the most perfect dinner table you could ever imagine. She had clearly defined where the girls would sit, by placing roses and heart shaped chocolates on three of the plates, and had little red bags (presents!) for every person in the room, also set by the plates. She is one of the sweetest and most thoughtful people I know.
You Paleo lovers would’ve loved her menu! She served bacon wrapped filet mignon, baked sweet potatoes and a delicious salad made with greens, beets, fruits and walnuts (for the salad’s dressing, she bought butter infused olive oil and maple infused balsamic vinegar…it was out of this world). The appetizer was super simple and provided by yours truly…salsa and sweet potato chips. We also had lots of red wine before and after dinner. But here comes the fun part…after devouring our entrée, I surprised them with this recipe I am sharing with you today…my Paleo Blueberry Brownies with Very Berry Sauce! I served everyone a decent sized brownie, and there was nothing left but crumbs. That’s when you know it’s a winner. You all should try this. Soon.
Tools You’ll Need for the Blueberry Brownies:
- 9X13″ baking pan
- Sealing wrap (I used Glad’s Press n’ Seal)
- Stand up mixer
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
Ingredients for the Blueberry Brownies:
- 2 cups of almond butter
- 1 cup RAW honey
- 1 mashed banana (the more spots it have the better)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup organic blueberries
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Coconut oil spray
Steps for the Blueberry Brownies:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray coconut oil on baking pan and set aside.
- Add your wet ingredients to your stand mixer’s bowl: almond butter, mashed banana, eggs, honey and vanilla extract. Mix under medium speed for about 2 minutes, or until these have mixed well.
- Stop the mixer and add your dry ingredients to the wet mix: baking soda, sea salt and cacao powder. Be sure to start your mixer at the slowest speed, as the dry ingredients might fly everywhere otherwise.
- Once the above ingredients have incorporated well, stop your mixer once more. Remove bowl from mixer and fold in blueberries and chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture to your pan and bake fore 40-45 minutes (check on the brownies at min 40, if they pass the toothpick test, remove from oven as we don’t want these to burn).
- Let cool, cover with sealing wrap and place in refrigerator overnight.
Tools You’ll Need for the Blueberry Brownies:
- Small sauce pan
- Medium sized bowl
Ingredients for the Very Berry Sauce:
- 2 cups of mixed berries (I used strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.)
- 3 tablespoons RAW honey
- ¼ cup purified water
- 1 tablespoon Triple sec + 1 tablespoon purified water (if you don’t want to use liquor, replace with 2 tablespoons of fresh orange juice & omit the water)
Steps for the Very Berry Sauce:
- Place berries, water and Raw honey in your saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Immediately after it boils, reduce to medium-heat and let ingredients simmer for about 5 minutes. Using a spoon, stir often.
- After 5 minutes have passed, place strainer over medium bowl and slowly pour your mixture (through the strainer) into the bowl.
- Using a spatula, press on the berries as much as you can to get as much juice (and a bit of pulp) from the berries into the bowl.
- Add in Triple Sec + 1 tablespoon of purified water to the berry mixture, and using your whisk, stir well.
- Let sauce cool off. Use right away or store in refrigerator for later use.
* Note: For a thicker sauce, add 1 tablespoon of coconut flour to the berry mixture (warning: gets a bit grainy, not as smooth)
* Serves 12
* Nutritional Information for the Blueberry Brownies (per serving): 430 calories; 28g fat; 44g carbohydrates; 9g protein.
* Nutritional Information for the Very Berry Sauce (per serving – 1 tablespoon): 29 calories; 0g fat; 7g carbohydrates; 0g protein.
Trackback from your site.