Thanks to all of you who voted on my Facebook page for this Seasoned Turkey Meatball recipe to be the winning featured-recipe of the week. It is super fun for me to know what foods you’d prefer to see posted. I think I may just start doing the voting thing more often. For those of you who didn’t vote (and/or to those of you who are not yet following me on Facebook), what are you waiting for? Let’s keep in touch…I adore Facebook, especially when I get notifications telling me some of you have left comments and are liking my posts. Please, don’t be shy, I love to hear from you!
Also, let me tell you a little secret…one I am really stoked about…
I am planning on writing my very 1st Amazing Paleo cookbook!!! Ahhhh! (This is me screaming of excitement.) I have a few ideas as to what the cookbook will have: exclusive Paleo recipes, kitchen tips n’ tricks, Paleo-Diet best practices, etc.
But I need your help. For one, I need to know if you guys would buy it. Would you?? And two, what sorts of stuff would you really want to see in a Paleo cookbook? What would make your Paleo journey easier? What does your ideal cookbook look like!? Please, please, please share your ideas with me…I want to make the best Paleo cookbook ever and if we combine forces, we can make it happen!
Enjoy these Seasoned Turkey Meatballs! Bon appetite!
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 2 eggs
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ medium purple onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Coconut oil, for frying
- Place skillet over medium heat and add 2 tbsp coconut oil. When oil has melted, add in onions and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add in red and green bell peppers and cook for 3 minutes. Add in garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Transfer ingredients to a large heat-proof bowl and let cool.
- Once cool, mix in turkey, eggs, sea salt, black pepper and almond flour. Form into 20 meatballs and place them on top of a large plate.
- Place skillet over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and cook 6 meatballs at a time for 4 minutes each side, covering with a lid. Meatballs should be golden brown. Repeat until all meatballs are cooked. Serve by themselves or with a side of parsnip mash.
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Large skillet with cover
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Mixing bowls
- Parchment paper